more on 14.0-1 viavoice and rh7.1 on dell latitude

this is symptomatic of an audio driver/ sound driver bug
--there is little you can do.

    RAYNER> I mailed about this yesterday, and TVR
    RAYNER> thankfully stopped me chasing unimportant lisp
    RAYNER> warnings.  Basically I am having speech stop
    RAYNER> frequently and much more frequently the wrong
    RAYNER> char read as I arrow through a buffer.  It
    RAYNER> appears to be a speech-rate related problem.  It
    RAYNER> seems to be ok at rate 75 but disastrous at 95.
    RAYNER> Turning on dtk-debug and looking at the
    RAYNER> *speaker* buffer shows lots of error: tts
    RAYNER> internal synth error this is handed back from
    RAYNER> the tcl isn't it?  So should I start looking
    RAYNER> around in there to see where the error is being
    RAYNER> generated or is there a more obvious route?
    RAYNER> Yesterday I didn't have my viavoice version
    RAYNER> handy, it's 5.1-1.2 thanks again Peter

    RAYNER> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    RAYNER> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    RAYNER> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
    RAYNER> of "unsubscribe" or "help"

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc