Global Settings, How?

here are the emacspeak  settings from my .emacs --use at your own
risk.
These are configured for both the DTK Express and Viavoice.

(when (featurep 'emacspeak)
      (emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons t)
      (when (emacspeak-sounds-theme-p "chimes-mono")
        (emacspeak-sounds-select-theme
         "chimes-mono/" ))
      (declare (special
                        outloud-default-speech-rate dtk-default-speech-rate))
      (setq-default dtk-default-speech-rate 485
                    outloud-default-speech-rate 95)
      (emacspeak-pronounce-load-dictionaries
       "~/.emacspeak/.dictionary")
      (tts-configure-synthesis-setup)
      (dtk-set-rate tts-default-speech-rate t))

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc