[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: RPM/SuSE/strange hierarchy
- From: "Saqib Shaikh" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:47:50 +0100
- Resent-Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"C7Co6D.A.2lG.3TJq7"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have just installed a SuSE test system. I
have used Debian/RedHat/Slackware in the past but am doing some work for my
university who use SuSE. I have a few problems. Firstly the
hierarchy is different, eg documentation in /usr/share/doc instead of /usr/doc,
and many other things in /usr/share that would normally just be in /usr.
The result of this is that installing RedHat RPMs put the files in the wrong
place. Furthermore, when getting RPMs from RPMFind.net, including VM, JDE,
ERC, Gnus etc I get an error message about not being able to find
/var/tmp/rpm-info. Has anyone had similar problems, or built SuSE specific
RPMs or have any other useful advice?
Any help much appreciated.
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search