Re: Palm 3 and Speech synth

Hi, Roger. I wanted to tell you a little about that TotalTalk. It was
one of the original IBM PC's. It had only 256 K of memory. I'm sure we
all remember that. It had a video monitor built into it which had one
of those infrared touch grids on it. You could run programs, access
areas of the screen with the synth and do a few more things. It really
rocked for its time, but the synth systems on the Apple II family
superseeded it within a few months. I really don't know how long it
was out for, but I only saw one at an adaptive technology show in
Charlotte, NC at the beginning of my freshman year in college. I have
never seen or heard of the machine again since August of 1985. You
might find out more about it at IBM's web site. I don't know.

I hope this info will help you. I really like the idea of those palm
devices. If I see one, I can check out the possibility of putting
speech on it. I also like natural language stuff, so, if you have any,
could you tell me about it?

Thanks:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,