Error with Outloud

Hi:

I've recently upgraded my portable with the Redhat 7.2 release. I am now
unable to get Outloud working. Here's what happens:

The ViaVoice rpms install without errors, and I am able to run the command
line test scripts without problems;

Emacspeak 14.0 rpm installs also without errors.

Running make in the linux-outloud directory breaks saying unable to find
g++, and a look around confirms this is so. For whatever reason, I do not
have g++, but I do have /usr/bin/g++3, so I symlink this.

Now, make runs fine complaining only:

tcleci.cpp:108:17: warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated

OK, I guess, it's only deprecated.

Now, I test as:

tcl /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/outloud

and get:

By the way, when running emacspeak -o I do hear ViaVoice speaking "This is
Emacspeak" over the emacspeak logo. Thereafter I see the following on
screen

emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-current-char
** reference to free variable
emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-deleted-char
** reference to free variable
emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-current-char

Then, the dreaded message "process speaker not running."

Should I get the old g++? While I'm clearly over my head here, it doesn't
sound to me like g++3 went totaly wrong with this--but then, I wouldn't
really know.
 Any suggestions much appreciated.
Error: couldn't load file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-outloud/tcleci.so": /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-outloud/tcleci.so: undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0
    while executing
"load $tclTTS/tcleci.so"
    (file "outloud" line 285)
--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp