Re: Error with Outloud

Hi Janina,

This is only a guess, but it sounds like you have been bitten by the
new libraries and gcc versions in RedHat. I'm not sure if the problem
is with incompatibilities with the shared libraries in the ViaVoice
package or something in the c++ program that creates the shared
library for the speech server.

I don't know about RedHat 7.2, but RedHat 7.0 came with some
'compatibility" libraries and compiler. There is a "known problems"
file in the root of the redhat installation tree on the CD which may
give you some clues on things to try.

Something which may work is to use the kgcc compiler - this is an old
version of the gcc compiler which you need to use to compile the linux
kernel (hence the k). The kernel won't build with the new version of
the compiler either. Maybe if you use this compiler you can build the
server?

Tim

Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx