Error starting W3

Hello,

I have installed Emacs w3 into a system running the entire Redhat 7
distribution and including emacspeak 12.0.  The w3 source and compiled
code are in /usr/share/xemacs/site-lisp/.  On starting w3, I get a
"symbol's function is void" message for 'find-coding-system'.  The
 relevent parts of my ".emacs" and "messages" files are below.  I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

-Dave

<from "messages">
Symbol's function definition is void: find-coding-system

<end "messages">

<from ".emacs">
;;; Emacs/W3 Configuration
(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/xemacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(condition-case () (require 'w3-auto "w3-auto") (error nil))
ss

<end ".emacs">