Re: Equation in LaTeX

David E. Price writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have been trying to figure out how to configure emacspeak to read
 > equations in LaTeX.  emacspeak is currently reading the LaTeX source, and
 > is not transforming that source into an equation.  Searching the web and
 > the archive has yielded no information.  Can anyone point me in the right
 > direction?

Currently, Emacspeak cannot render mathematical expressions
  intelligently. In the early 90's, however, T.V. Raman wrote a
  program called AsteR (Audio System for Technical Reading) which is
  specifically designed to read LaTeX documents, including
  mathematics. See his web site at
  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/ for further specifics. An
  online demonstration of AsteR is included, along with Raman's Ph.D.
  thesis in various formats.