Re: extracting audio from MOV files

ok roger, i'll check into that crossover thing.  are you talking about
a netscape plugin?

yes, this is a case of the university i'm attending right now has
never had a blind student working on a graduate science degree.  or so
it would seem.

this class inparticular, the math professor i guess wants to be a web
wacker too.  he's gone and put up lots of content and i suppose knows
zilch about accessibility.

i mean, there's frames, tables, javascript, lots of javascript, crap
loads of hand written math formulas, state graphs, PDF, quick time and
other files with extensions i've never heard of.

i'm fighting with them now to change their approach and take into
consideration a student using non visual interfaces to this media.
indeed, mathematics is among the least accessible subjects.

why heck, our leader, Dr. Raman did his thesis on making complex
mathematics into something that renders efficiently with an audio
system.

if the equations for this course had been marked up in latex and not
hand written, i'd see about using raman's work to make this easier.

ho hum.