Re: Seeking Help to Install Emacspeak for Friend

Hi. Since you have Red Hat, I will venture this little bit of info. At
this site:

http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net

you can pick up the Red Hat RPM file you need. All you have to do is
download this and say, while in a shell buffer:

rpm -i emacspeak*

The star is the Unix wild card character that means to match up with
whatever characters follow the word "emacspeak." RPM will install the
files you need from the specially formatted package. After this, you
need to goto the IBM site, I don't have the address, though, and get
the viavoice TTS RTK and the viavoice TTS SDK. Both of these come in
.tar files which include an RPM and a text file. Install these and
follow the directions in the text file that comes with the RPM and
you'll be talking in seconds.

I hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,