Re: Fw: Running emacspeak on a sparc based Solaris 8 with Hercules Sound Card

Hmmm. You may be in trouble here. What you need is a text-to-speech
software engine. Most of us use IBM's ViaVoice TTS, but I don't know
if there is a version available for sparc - I think they only have
i386 based versions available.

Alternatively, you can try for an external hardware TTS - but I have
no idea how that would go as it is normally connected to a serial
port.

Another alternative may be the java based FreeTTS on sourceforge, but
you would need to modify/create a driver for it to get the full power
of emacspeak. I believe they have a 'demo' of souch a driver at their
site, but its only a basic 'proof of concept' driver and does not do
all the voice lock support stuff which makes emacspeak so useful.

Tim

--
Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx