re: problems with w3 and secure sites.

Hello :
I am writing as I seem to be still having problems with w3 and accessing
secure site with ssl.
I found in the archive to this mail list a post from T.V Raman with some
instructions in what to do with the .emacs file.  I followed these as
atached and found that I am not getting any errors, but I am not getting
any  web pages or prompts to enter in user details.
I would appreciate any assistance

Mark Muscat

 (when (featurep 'emacspeak)

(require 'emacspeak-aumix)

(setq emacspeak-auditory-icon-function 'emacspeak-play-auditory-icon)

(setq emacspeak-aumix-multichannel-capable-p t)

(emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons 1))

 (setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path))

(condition-case () (require 'w3-auto "w3-auto") (error nil))

(setq ssl-program-name "openssl"

      ssl-program-arguments '("s_client" "-quiet" "-host" host "-port"

                              service

                              "-verify" (int-to-string ssl-certificate-verification-policy)

                              "-CApath" ssl-certificate-directory))