EMACSPEAK AND SOFTWARE SYNTHESISERS

Hi!
I am new to this list and Emacspeak.
I am trying to find out about Linux and the software which makes it
accessable to Blind people.
How do you install Emacspeak with a software synthesiser like Viervoice?
Are there any flavours of Linux I need to avoid if I were to use Emacspeak?
I would prefer to use Emacspeak as I have a lot of wires in my bedroom
behind my computer so using a software synthesiser would be better and as
far as I am aware, the other speech program for Linux doesn't support
software speech as yet.