Escape, x, term, Enter.

Hi all,

I use emacspeak and I can't read the screen.
If I  press Control+E then Control+r, I can use the console and I can read
the screen after a command like ls.
But if I type escape then x then term, I can't read the screen after a
command like ls.
I need the second way, because with Control+E, control+r, I can't run some
applications like pine.

I am a new user of Linux and emacspeak also.

Thank you for any hints.
I couldn't find this in the help because it doesn't work too well.

Thanks.
Teddy,
orasnita@xxxxxxxxxxx