Re: What am I missing

Hi ,

Thank you all for your help.  I used Tim's email as a check list and I didn't
get very far.  I tested the ViaVoice server using: /cmdlinespeak and that
worked fine.  I then tried to test the driver  (tcl outloud) and got the file
not found.  So I went to the linux-outloud directory nad tried the make
process.  and got the following error message:

/usrs/bin/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find  -ltcl
collect 2: ld returned 1 exit Error 1
make: *** [tcleci.so] Error 1

I down loaded and installed the latest tcl package 8.4.a4 and built it .  I
have tclx in the /usr/lib/ .

Stuck again.  System is suse 8.0 emacspeak 16

Thanks,

Pete