Re: ViaVoice SDK for Linux availability

The iles on the IBM site seem to have disappeared.  However, you may try to rpms at

ftp://people.redhat.com/jlamb

Hope this helps.

Alan

 On Wed, 15 May 2002 18:32:38 -0500
"Alan Tu" <alantu@xxxxxxxxxxx-pro.NET> wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to Linux, and new to its use by blind people. I would like to
> run Emacspeak on a Mandrake Linux system with a software synth. However, I
> do not seem to see the Viavoice for Linux downloads on IBM's site mentioned
> in Appendix B of the Emacspeak install. Are these files available elsewhere?
> If not, are there other software synths? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan Tu

Alan E. Davis, Science Instructor
Marianas High School
PMB 30, Box 10006,
Saipan, MP  96950
Northern Mariana Islands
adavis@xxxxxxxxxxx

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need
for one non-existent."
             ---Lord Raleigh(aka John William Strutt),or else
                 his son, Jr., who was also a scientist.