Re: a tiny bit more on high-bit characters

T. V. Raman writes:

 > first you need to set emacs to use multibyte before you start playing
 > with this any further.
 > At present emacspeak jumps through  all kinds of hoops
 > to force unibyte because other bizarre things happen when you use
 > multibyte with the Dectalk.

Interesting. My DECTALK occasionally hangs when presented with a
certain (probably high-bit) character, usually as a result of character set
issues in W3. As this has only happened a couple of times I haven't
bothered to track down the character involved. Call it laziness if you
like.