I have to uninstall emacs

Hello all, I think there is a bug that is stopping me install w3 with emacs
21.2.2 I am hopefully going to fix the problem by installing emacs 20.7.47
The problem is when I try to uninstall emacs with the rpm -e command it
tells me that there are dependencies.  I really don't fancy configuring
emacspeak again so is there a way of downgrading?  If not and I have to
uninstall the other programs, what is the easyist way of doing it?

Darragh