Re: PC speaker beeps and default speech rate

For the speech rate command (CONTROL-e d r <number>) each of the
speech servers I wrote expects a speed in words per minute, which it
translates to the corresponding code.  (Each speech device has its own
set of speed codes.)  Of course, that translation might be a bit off.

		     - Jim Van Zandt