outloud - process speaker not running

John,

This error indicates the shared library used by the ViaVoice
synthesizer has not been compiled. If you look in the linux-outloud
directory you will find a C++ source file which needs to be compiled
to make the tcleci.so shared library. See the Makefile in that
directory.

Tim

    John> Hi, I have just installed RedHat 8.0 and emacspeak-16.0-2. I
    John> made sure I installed tk, tcl and tclx. ViaVoice speaks when
    John> I run runcmdlinespeak.  When I attempt 'tcl outloud' in the
    John> server directory I get the following error:

    John> Error: couldn't load file "./linux-outloud/tcleci.so":
    John> ./linux-outloud/tcleci.so: undefined symbol:
    John> __gxx_personality_v0 while executing"load $tclTTS/tcleci.so"
    John> (file "outloud" line 287)

    John> I got this error before and after running 'make' in the
    John> servers/linux-outloud directory.

    John> The emacspeak archives record a conversation about the
    John> speech server not being properly linked .  Redhat was
    John> installed with the 'Workstation' option. Even so, it seems
    John> something vital is missing.

    John> Thanks in advance -- John Elsworth
    John> mailto:john.elsworth@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tim Cross					E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
Analyst/Programmer                               Phone: 6773 3210
Applications Group			        Mobile: 0412 969193
University of New England
---
find / -iname microsoft -exec rm -rf {} \;