Re: dectalk giving invalid command parameter

Well, it seems to work in other applications and as a synthesizer for
a screen reader under windows, so a bad cable seems unlikely.  Here
are the ssty settings for this tty, is there a problem with any of
them?

speed 9600 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl ixon ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
-opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
-isig -icanon iexten -echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt echoctl echoke

on Saturday 11/23/2002 T. V. Raman(raman@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote

 > all I can guess is that you have a bad cable.
 >
 >     John> The reset state went fine, but when I arrow down to a blank
 >     John> line I am still getting the invalid command parameter
 >     John> followed by right bracket .
 >
 >     John> on Saturday 11/23/2002 T. V. Raman(raman@xxxxxxxxxxx)
 >     John> wrote
 >     >> C-e d R dtk-reset-state >>>>> "John" == John covici
 >     >> <covici@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
 >     >>
 >     John> Its a Dec talk express, I am pretty sure the rom version is
 >     John> the latest 44ab (version string) from December 2 1997.
 >     >>
 >     John> on Sunday 11/24/2002 Jason
 >     John> White(jasonw@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote
 >     >> >> John Covici writes: > Hi.  I am having problems using
 >     >> emacspeak >> with my DecTalk external, I > get a message from
 >     >> the Dec-talk >> itself invalid command parameter ] -- > it
 >     >> happens whenever I >> down arrow to a blank line and other
 >     >> places.
 >     >> >>
 >     >> >> What is the firmware version of the DECTALK? Is it a DECTALK
 >     >> >> Express or one of the older models?
 >     >>
 >     John> -- John Covici covici@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >     >>
 >     John> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >     John> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
 >     John> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
 >     John> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 >     John> "unsubscribe" or "help"
 >     >>
 >     >> --
 >     >> Best Regards, --raman
 >     >>
 >     >>
 >     >> Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx WWW:
 >     >> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/ AIM: TVRaman PGP:
 >     >> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc
 >     >>
 >     >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >     >> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 >     >> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 >     >> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 >     >> "unsubscribe" or "help"
 >
 >     John> -- John Covici covici@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >
 >     John> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >     John> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
 >     John> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
 >     John> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 >     John> "unsubscribe" or "help"
 >
 > --
 > Best Regards,