Re: Emacspeak and Streaming Audio?

For Windows Media see mplayer.
For Apple Quicktime what a
if you're not seeing the screen all you typically want to do is to
listen to the audio --and any good Linux player lets you turn the
video off.

Also when you run Emacspeak inside X --which I typically do --you can
invoke any X-based player from an Emacs shell buffer and if that
player produces audio --which is why you're presumably using it
(personally I dont see much point in playing a silent move when you
cannot see)--
then  you can again do this --I often play video-casts of meetings
this way to listen to the audio.

Bottom line --having to wait for an X-Windows screenreader may be true
if you're depending on a console-level screenreader for the present,
it's not true if you're using Emacspeak.

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
AIM: TVRaman
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc