Emacspeak software DTK server: was RE: Linux runtime files

John and the rest of the friendly folks from Fonix--

There  may have been some miscommunication in the run up to getting
software Dectalk support for emacspeak out there.

I had said that Emacspeak users would need the header files for the
DTK library --I see now that that would end up your having to put the
SDK out there for $50.0 --which you are probably unable to do.

I cannot bundle a compiled version of the Emacspeak software DTK
server with the main Emacspeak bundle since that makes the Emacspeak
distribution too tightly dependent on Software DTK.

As a compromise I have created a separate downloadable package that
only contains the compiled Emacspeak Software Dectalk server.

You'll need to tell users who buy software Dectalk from  you for use
with Emacspeak to download this additional package --see below.

The next release of Emacspeak will say the above explicitly --

Software DTK Server For Emacspeak:

http://prdownloads.sf.net/emacspeak
contains

[sf-file] software-dtk-1.0-1.i386.rpm  41 kb  Nov 27, 2002 08:59

 [compressed] software-dtk.tar.gz       37 kb  Nov 27, 2002 08:59

The tarball is what you'd expect.
The rpm is the same --but for RedHat users --
rpm warning --use rpm --nodeps to install the above RPM.

What the above contains
tcldtk.c --the C source  for the server
tcldtk.so --the binary compiled from above

P.S.
John, you may want someone from Fonix to monitor hte Emacspeak list
once  folks return from the ThanksGiving Holidays.

--Raman