software dectalk compiles -- input appreciated

Well, since seeing $50 going down the river for absolutely nothing
is not what I personally like to do, I've hacked the c code
a bit, and hey, it compiles!  So it doesn't seem that complicated
to work it out on our own.

I encourage everyone who bought a DECTalk RT Liinux version
(exactly like described in the documentation in servers/software-dtk) to try
and get this working.

Main problem is that we need to know the ordering of enum statments
MMRESULT is documented in the reference manual, but no exact specs
are given there.  Some other constants used (like WAVE_something)
is not even mentioned in the Reference manual, so getting those
values will be a bit harder.

Current state: the .so compiles, and tcl dtk-soft hangs exactly after
calling TextToSpeechStartup.

I guess the last argument is a problem, but it could also be that I got the
typedef for the handler-pointer wrong.

So, dont be afraid, hack it!  And tell me/us what you found.
Contact me privately to get the code I currently have (not much...)

"T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have the header file, but I will ignore al requests for it --you
> should get it from them.
>
>     Mario> Bart and I both bought the dectalk from www.fonix.com, as
>     Mario> described in the DTK readme file.

 Raman, since you've
>     Mario> written the speech server, do you have the
 header file
>     Mario> somewhere?  fonix is out of office till december
 2...
>     Mario>
 "T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     >> report it to the folks you bought the software Dectalk from.
>     >>>>>>> "Bart" == Bart Bunting <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>     >>
>     Bart> Hi,

 I've purchaced the software dectalk from fonix.
>     Bart> However, i am as yet
 unable to compile the emacspeak
>     Bart> server.  Although the say program
 works perfectly, there
>     Bart> appears to be a missing file dtk/ttsapi.h

 the compile
>     Bart> output is:

 gcc -g -fpic -c -o tcldtk.o tcldtk.c
>     Bart> tcldtk.c:27: dtk/ttsapi.h: No such file or directory
>     Bart> make:
 *** [tcldtk.o] Error 1

 anyone know where I
>     Bart> would get
 this header?

 Bart

>     Bart> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>     Mario> --------------
>     Bart> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
>     Bart> address on the
 emacspeak list send mail to
>     Bart> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a
 subject of
>     Bart> "unsubscribe" or "help"

ÿð^²Ô^

 --
 CYa,
 Mario
>     Mario> | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
 | Get my
>     Mario> public key via finger mlang@xxxxxxxxxxx
 |
>     Mario> 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
ÿð^²Ô^ªÝ³ÿÿ­©šœIšŠ_ëjf§ýËÿrŠçzYÿyۖYoá¶Úÿÿü0Ã÷,ýÊ+éeýçnþ&{úڙ©ÿ

CYa,