software dectalk 1.0

Based on what you said earlier I'd suspect the license install --
did you do the needful to install their license?
They gave me some magic number to type at the installer I assume that
is what you got when you bought the thing.

Name        : tcl                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 8.3.3                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 67                            Build Date: Thu 28 Feb 2002 01:17:02 PM PST
Install date: Fri 12 Jul 2002 11:11:33 AM PDT      Build Host: daffy.perf.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM: tcltk-8.3.3-67.src.rpm
Size        : 3084431                          License: BSD
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://tcl.activestate.com/
Summary     : An embeddable scripting language.
Description :
Tcl is a simple scripting language designed to be embedded in other
applications. Tcl is designed to be used with Tk, a widget set, which
is provided in the tk package. This package also includes tclsh, a
simple example of a Tcl application.

If you install the tcl package and you want to use Tcl for
development, you should also install the tk and tclx packages.

    Bart> Raman, It's a debian system.  what version of tcl do you
    Bart> have installed?

    Bart> Bart

    Bart> T. V. Raman writes:
    >>  I compiled and ran mine on an RH 7.3 system --what version are
    >> you trying it on?  >>>>> "Bart" == Bart Bunting
    >> <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Hi all,

 I've downloaded and tried to use the
    Bart> software dectalk package Raman
 provided.

 It hangs
    Bart> when starting just after printing:
 Calling tts startup.

 I'm still looking into it but there isn't anything
    Bart> obvious.  one
 interesting thing is that if you use the say
    Bart> program provided with the
 dectalk rtk it reads
    Bart> /etc/dectalk.conf three times where the dtk-soft
 only
    Bart> reads it once.  Could there be some strange licensing
    Bart> problem?

 Bart

^^ݳI_jfrzYyۖYo0,+en&{MTZ0,+en&{