emacspeak and data bases question

Both MySQL and Postgres work well under linux. The emacs sql mode
works well with both these databases - emacspeak support for sql mode
is something I've been working on in my spare time - at present the
version which comes with emacspeak is certainly usable, but needs
minor development to make it exploit the full power of emacspeak.

Both MySQL and Postgres are fairly comprehensive database management
systems with Postgres being more full featured and ANSI SQL compliant,
while MySQL lacks some of the more advanced SQL features like nested
queries or advanced rdbms features like triggers, foreign keys etc.

What exactly do you want to do with the database? In many cases things
like MySQL or Postgres are overkill if you only have a simple or small
database requirement.

Tim

 Jude> Is anybody running a data base they've created within emacspeak
 Jude> and if so what did you use to build it?  I've been trying to
 Jude> get mysql up and running but the server appears not to be set
 Jude> up so far.

 Jude> -- Jude <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>

 Jude> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Jude> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Jude> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Jude> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--
Tim Cross