unable to get emacspeak runnung with outloud

Hi,

I am running RedHat 8.0 on an intel pentium box.

I have installed the ViaVoice SDK & RTK. I am able to
run the viavoice tests - runcmdlinespeak and
runcmdlinespeakfile, and even change the speed, pitch
etc of the voice.

I compiled the tcleci.so module under the
"linux-outloud"  directory.

when I run tcl outloud, I get the following error:

*** ERROR BEGIN ***
Error: Internal tts synth error
    while executing
"synth {`v1 Via  IBM  Via Voice,
    `vb55 `vh55 `ar this `p20,  is   Eamakspeak!
}"
    (file "outloud" line 288)

*** ERROR END ***

The version of emacspeak that came with RedHat 8.0 is
ver 16.0-2.

What do I need to do, to get emacspeak working?

Thanks
Anand