RE: anyone using viavoice tts on mac os x?

Brian, have you received any responses to your post?  I've been wondering if
EmacSpeak could work under Mac OS X?

Last year, the state of Maine funded a technology initiative which provides
iBook computers to all public school 7TH and 8TH graders.  Unfortunately,
blind students are totally left out of the loop due to the inaccessibility
of Mac OS X meaning that they essentially were provided with a high-tech
paperweight.  Knowing that Mac OS X is based on BSD, I've since been
wondering if EmacSpeak could be successfully compiled on the OS X plattform.

I would certainly like to get any opinions on this as I think there's some
potential for blind students to get some use out of these slick-looking
laptops.

Steve