sun workstations question

Geez, a sun workstation to learn C/C++ - thats a little like L plates
on a BMW.

Theoretically, there is no reason emacspeak wouldn't work on a sparc
station - you can run emacs, you can install tcl etc. The only real
problem you wold have is with a speech synthesizer - you couldn't use
viavoice or the software dectalk and I don't know how well a serial
hardware device would go - probably OK. You would probably have some
tweaking to do, but it should certainly be possible. You could even
get Linux for sparc and install that.

Personally, I'd just get a linux box and do your training on that. If
they wanted you to get experience with code which is only support on
the sparc, you can use the linux box and just connect to the sparc
remotely.

Tim

 Jude> Has anyone ever managed to get emacspeak working on a sun
 Jude> workstation?  A friend wants to know since that might be used
 Jude> to get me an environment outside of windows so I can work on my
 Jude> C and a little later C++ programming training.

 Jude> -- Jude <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>

 Jude> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Jude> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Jude> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Jude> "unsubscribe" or "help"