Selecting an auditory icon theme at startup

Hi,

I wish to have a theme other than "default-8k" load when emacspeak
starts up.  Even though I set the variable
'emacspeak-sounds-default-theme in ".emacs", the default theme loads,
and I select the "chimes-mono" manually.  The relevant part of my
".emacs" is below.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Dave

;;; Emacspeak related auditory-icon configuration

(cond((equal dtk-program "outloud")
      (setq emacspeak-auditory-icon-function 'emacspeak-play-auditory-icon)
      (setq emacspeak-sounds-default-theme "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/chimes-mono/")
      (emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons 1)))