new user

Hi to the list,

 Having read the info on Emacspeak I would like to set up a system for my wife
Corrina, who is blind from birth and literate in dos computing, word perfect etc.

 Would you please suggest the best linux format for occasional sighted users (me),
 and Corrina with a low end system, ie. 400 mhz. processor and 128 meg ram.

 Corrina has a keynote stand alone synth.

 Thankyou for your time and suggestions.

 Regards Jeff.