Software DEC Talk

I downloaded the RT for Linux and ran the installer. I can't even get to first base, though. Running the 'say' program does NOT speak, but rather returns:

say: error while loading shared libraries: libtts.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Of course, being closed source, I have no notion of what object or shared library. I certainly have a libtts.so in /usr/local/lib. This is happening both with ALSA and
OSS, in both Red Hat 8.0 and Red Hat Phoebe installations. Anyone else seen this? Is there a cure short of disputing the credit card charge?

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)