Re: Patch for emacspeak 18.0 and Festival

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Patch for emacspeak 18.0 and Festival
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:45:45 +0000 (UTC)

bob>    It can be found at :
bob>
bob>    http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/emacspeak/readme-festival.index.html
bob>
bob> But you did not provide the URL for your patches!
     There are links in the text, but I give you the urls :

http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/patches/festival-1.4.3.patch.gz
http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/patches/emacspeak-18.0-festival.patch.gz
http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/patches/emacspeak-17.0-festival.patch.gz
bob>
bob> I normally download code using wget.  To find the URL, I had to tell
bob> my browser to go to the site, copy the URL that was there, and paste
bob> it as an argument to wget.  It would have been much simpler for me if
bob> you had written out the URL, and told readers its length.  Those who
bob> wish to retrieve it in their browser could still do so, and those who
bob> want to do something else could do so; and those with slow connections
bob> could consider whether to spend the time downloading.
bob>
bob> Thus you might write your code to look something like this:
bob>
bob>
bob> <h3> A patch to customize Emacspeak: </h3>
bob>
bob> <p>
bob> <strong>
bob> http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-17.0-festival.patch.gz
bob> </strong><br>
bob> 1 mega byte,<br>
bob> </p>
bob>
bob> <p>
bob> <strong>
bob> http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-18.0-festival.patch.gz
bob> </strong><br>
bob> 1 mega byte,<br>
bob> </p>
bob>
bob>
bob> Please note that no one who tries to write good HTML uses presentation
bob> mark up such as <b>.  They use only logical markup, like <strong>,
bob> since that provides for better "surface expressions" for people using
bob> widely different Web browsers.  The "surface expressions" are what the
bob> browsers convert the HTML into.
bob>
bob> For example, I myself know of and have used a Web browser which
bob> converts HTML into text with only a single color and font.  I also
bob> know and use a Web browser which converts HTML into a single font, but
bob> in different colors.  Also, of course, I use two Web browsers within
bob> the Emacspeak audio desktop.
     I am very surprised by what you say about my
     html code which is automatically produced by hevea
     from LaTeX. I thought that the produced html
     was fully compliant with the w3c specifications.
     It if not the case I will change for another soft.
bob>
bob> --
bob>     Robert J. Chassell                         Rattlesnake Enterprises
bob>     http://www.rattlesnake.com                  GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
bob>     http://www.teak.cc                             bob@xxxxxxxxxxx
Best regards