Re: Key Echo In Emacspeak

From: Martin OSullivan <MartiOSu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Key Echo In Emacspeak
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:35:38 -0400

MartiOSu> I have tried c-e dk but no joy.  First I'll give a propper explanation
MartiOSu> of what is happening.  When I'm editing a file and I type the word DOG
MartiOSu> the word dog is said but D O G are not called out as they are typed.
MartiOSu> I'm using a Juno synth with GNU Emacs 20.7.1 on RedHat 7 with kernel
MartiOSu> 2.4.2-2.
MartiOSu>
MartiOSu> The Juno synth is the same as the appollo 2 synth, which is produced by
MartiOSu> dolphin systems in the uk.
MartiOSu>
MartiOSu> I'm beginning to think that it is something to do with indexing in the
MartiOSu> synth.  If anyone remembers the .hal files such things could be controlled
MartiOSu> there.  Does anyone know if I am on the right track or has anyone had
MartiOSu> a similar problem.
MartiOSu>
MartiOSu> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MartiOSu> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
MartiOSu> emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a
MartiOSu> subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
MartiOSu>

Hi,

I encountered a similar problem when I was using this
Juno synthesizer. I wonder if it could not be a problem of
speed. I would think that emacspeak itself is not responsible of
this behavior. The Juno synthsizer is probably to slow and mute immediatly after he
has begun to speak. I remember that the speech server tried
to fix this problem but it maybe not completly succeeded.

You probably must look at this part of the system or try to
ask directly to the developer.

Best regards

Pierre