dtk-soft question

Hello list, I have just installed emacspeak and I can not get the
dtk-soft server to communicate with the DECtalk software synthesizer.
I can send
text to the synthesizer using the 'say' program which comes with it but
the emacspeak server fails to do anything.
When I go into the '/usr/share/emacs/site-list/emacspeak/servers'
directory and type 'tcl dtk-soft' I get 'Calling tts startup.' and
nothing happens.  What variables or libraries am I missing?  The
following emacspeak variables are in my /etc/profile file.
export EMACSPEAK_DIR=/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak
export DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-soft
When I first tried to run the server it complained that it could not
find 'tcldtk.so'.  I then put a link into /usr/local/lib and ran
'ldconfig' to update the libraries.   If it makes any difference I am
running Slackware 9.0, emacs 21.2, and emacspeak 18.0 compiled from
sources.  If there is any more information needed please let me know.  I
am really looking forward to getting this working.  If there is any
documentation on this please let me know also.  I am generally terrible
at reading docs.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html

Doug Lawlor <dlawlor@xxxxxxxxxxx>