software dectalk tones

There is an option within emacspeak to use spoken indent indicator
rather than tone. Use customize to set this. e.g.

M-x customize-group <ret> emacspeak-speak <ret>

then go to the emacspeak indentation method item and set it to
speak. Save the changes and you should be done.

Tim

 Robert> Hi I've noticed a rather annoying problem with the software
 Robert> dectalk.  There is a delay before it plays tones.  This is
 Robert> not an emacspeak problem, because it happens with the say
 Robert> command and the demo program as well.  Are other people
 Robert> experiencing this?

 Robert> Is there an easy way to turn off tones in emacspeak?  This
 Robert> problem makes things like reading the mode line and switching
 Robert> buffers very slow to respond.

 Robert> Apart from this problem, the software dectalk is working
 Robert> really well, and it's great not to have to carry the dectalk
 Robert> express arround with me.

 Robert> Cheers

 Robert> Rob

 Robert> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Robert> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Robert> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Robert> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--
Tim Cross
Senior Analyst/Programmer

We cause accidents."                             -Nathaniel Borenstein