Please respect the CVS archives --and dont abuse them--

About a week ago I got a request from someone on the Emacspeak list
asking where the spec files for building Emacspeak RPMs were.

I pointed this person at the CVS archives --now I received a request
asking for details on how to package and release RPMs to RedHat!

Once and for all:

The CVS archives are there to encourage early use and experimentation
--and hopefully contributions --but not for folks to package up
Emacspeak willy-nilly and release them on the net.

Incidentally RedHat and other distros have always picked up stable
releases and repackaged them, and that is how I intend to keep things.

I package and release Emacspeak on a six-monthly basis to ensure that
there is a stable release that people can depend on -- and that the
major distributions can pick up -- the CVS repository --and the
availability of the  RPM spec files are not to be treted as an
invitation for what the person who shall remain nameless appears to be
attempting.

--Raman

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    TVRaman