Re: Availability of Emacspeak

Kalyan:

I was able to successfully install Emacspeak on a Debian machine using
GPL'd software voice synthesizers using the Debian apt-get utility.  I
imagine the same would be possible for RedHat folks using rpm's.  Once I
discovered the packages, and stopped trying to build everything from source
it turned out to be easier than anything I had ever imagined.

While ISA may be an obsolete standard, I still use ISA cards in the two
computers on this desk and many others in our organization.  They still
function fine.  And with respect to modems, have found that ISA modems tend
to be more linux compatible than PCI modems.

-- Hugh