process speaker not running

I have tried everything I could think of and everything I could find in
documents on the internet to solve this issue.

I just installed flite, eflite, et al and still no joy.

I have festival installed, IBM TTS installed, and nothing seems to faze
emacspeak.

I am sure it was working under redhat 7.3, but now under redhat 9.0 I
cannot get it to work at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
--