Re: emacspeak+festival patch, dtk-set-predefined-speech-rate seemsnot working

From: "Matthew Qvapul" <pikpus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: emacspeak+festival patch, dtk-set-predefined-speech-rate seems not working
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:57:08 +0200

pikpus> Hallo.
pikpus> according to emacspeak-18.0-festival.patch I know that speech
pikpus> rate is set to
pikpus> 0.6:
pikpus>
pikpus> +(defcustom festival-default-speech-rate 0.6
pikpus> +  "Rate for festival P.L. Nageoire 2003/04/30"
pikpus> +  :group 'tts
pikpus> +  :type 'integer )
pikpus>
pikpus> I've also found command :
pikpus> dtk-set-predefined-speech-rate which seems not working.
pikpus> is it a bug or is it just not implemented for emacspeak and
pikpus> festival ?
pikpus>
pikpus> Geeetings
pikpus> Matthew
pikpus>
pikpus> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
pikpus> Michael Flatley's "Lord of the dance" już  30 i 31 października
pikpus> na koncercie w Warszawie! < http://muzyka.wp.pl/imprezy.html?idn=722 >
pikpus>
pikpus>
pikpus>
pikpus> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
pikpus> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
pikpus> emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a
pikpus> subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
pikpus>
Hi Matthew,

These features are simply not yet implemented. You know,
each speech synthesizer has his own scale for the
rate and I would probably have to make a sort of
convertion table or something like that. I will try to
do it for the next version of the patch.

Best regards

Pierre