RE: process speaker not running

If emacspeak, flite, eflite are installed properly on your Red Hat 9+ (or similar), the problem
is probably wrong speech synthesizer associated with emacspeak.
Assuming that you are using an emacspeak-eflite script such as the one in
https://www.emacspeak.org/VCCS-archive/msg00487.html, you might need
to modify the "export DTK_TCL" to where your eflite executable resides.

Barak.