Startup routines

Hi,
I've been using emacspeak for a few weeks at home and finally got round
to installing it at my workplace this morning. There are two quite
noticeable differences in the start-up behaviours:

1. At home as soon as it starts it says a "HAL-like":
"... all my circuits are functioning perfectly, bang"

At office: I hear "This is Emacspeak" and simultaneously the first few
bars of what I think is the Tocata and Fugue in D minor.

2. At office there is a buffer containg the following, presumably, error
   messages. It contains the following:

"  ** reference to free variable
     emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-deleted-char
  ** reference to free variable
     emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-current-char
  ** reference to free variable
     emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-deleted-char
  ** reference to free variable
     emacspeak-backward-delete-char-speak-current-char
 "
Can anyone help explain this? The two versions are different: at home I
     have Emacspeak-17 and at office a version 14 which came pre-packed
     with the Red Hat 7.3 Emacs package.
TIA.
Kalyan