Re: Emacspeak on Red Hat 9 + DECtalk Express?

Jason is correct  --the first thing to check is the firmware --should
be 4.3A from May 1996.
If you have older firmware there used to be a firmware upgrade
available --but I have no idea whether it's around on the net any
more.

The other thing to check is the serial cable.

Finally the original poster  implied that the problem was RH 9.0
specific
--- something which I doubt, but since he also said he had both 7.3
and 9.0 boxes around, the first thing to do would be to try the Dec
Express on one of the 7.3 machines.

There was also an implied question about getting emacspeak with the
DTK Express running on Solaris, there should be no issue there since I
used that configuration myself for several years.

    Jason> What's the DECTALK firmware version? Try C-e d V (note the
    Jason> uppercase V) within Emacspeak. I doubt there is a
    Jason> compatibility problem in this regard, but it is probably
    Jason> worth checking anyway.

    Jason> The Emacspeak DECTALK Express driver configures the serial
    Jason> settings, which rules those out as a source of trouble
    Jason> unless there is a hardware or driver issue.

    Jason> I can't think of any further likely causes, but others on
    Jason> this list may well have suggestions to add.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    TVRaman
IRC:    irc://irc.gnu.org/emacspeak