Re: DECtalk Software TTS still mute on this Debian Woody system

Another idea which comes to me : which version of tcl are you running ?
To see this you can for example run the following command and read the
results :
dpkg -l|grep tcl
Then, are you sure you have properly modified the Makefile according to
the version of tcl you are running ?
when you compile the speech server have you consulted the output ? You
had no errors ?
can you please send us your modified makefile ?
Thx,

Dave Hunt <dave.hunt2@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Since the day after Christmas, I've been trying to get this emacspeak
> server to talk.  The DECtalk software works.  TCL servers for other
> devices work.
>
> I have built the libraries in
> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/software-dtk/" according
> to Nath's little "how-to" on his web site.  the environment variable
> 'EMACSPEAK_DIR' is set to "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/".
> When I run the server in isolation with "tcl
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft", the line
> "calling tts startup" is printed, then, nothing.  There isn't even a
> tcl prompt; I have to kill the process from another shell.
>
> If you have this setup working, I'd like to know what you did.
> Meanwhile, I'm using eflite or a hardware doubletalk for speech.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dave Hunt
>

> <dave.hunt2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Tel:  (617)923-2407