Re: ViaVoice Outloud not working in Debian Woody

ViaVoice is no longer recommended for use with Emacspeak.

It doesn't work with RedHat 9.0 but it does work with Slackware 9.0.

I found missing libraries, like you have seen an error for, and put them
where they belonged on RedHat 9.0 but it still didn't work.

It worked fine on Slackware 9.0.

However, according to IBM's license for it, it is no longer supposed to be
used, and it does not work with many of the libraries that are shipping
with the new linux distributions.

good luck
bryan