No Subject

Raman, when you tested it on the RH 7.3 system, was this with the
runtime as provided or did you use the include files you had from the
SDK?

It strikes me that if it will run under RH, then it should be possible
to get it to run under Debian. I thought a starting point would be to
determine there isn't something missing/different between what Raman
has and what others who have purchased the softwre have. Has anyone
apart from Raman managed to get it working on any Linux platform? If
we can get confirmation others have got it running as well, then we
can start tracking down what is different between the two systems. I'd
really like to support this company providing a low cost software
speech synth and if someone else can confirm they have it running,
I'll take the risk and purchase the software and see if I can work out
why it doesn't seem to want to work on Debian.

The reason I suspect there is some include or other file difference is
because others have reported the demo "say" program works on Debian,
its only the emacspeak software dectalk driver which does not seem to
work.

Tim

 TV> If possible try it on an RH system which is what I built it on.

 TV> I did verify that it works without the SDK installed on an RH
 TV> system (RH 7.3) specifically.

 .>
 TV> Bart" == Bart Bunting <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Bart> Actually my message may have been missleading.  The dectalk
 Bart> software itself works i.e the say program works.

 Bart> The dectalk server for emacspeak doesn't though.

 Bart> Bart

 Bart> Bart Bunting writes:
 >>> Tim,
 >>>
 >>> As far as I know noone with a debian system has managed to get
 >>> the software dectalk working.  Mine certainly doesn't.
 >>>
 >>> I know several of us purchaced the product but no success using
 >>> it at all.
 >>>
 >>> Bart

 >>> regarding > the software dectalk and problems getting it to run,
 >>> particularly on a > Debian based system. Has there been any
 >>> developments regarding this?  > Has anyone without the SDK been
 >>> able to get it working?

 >>> Information Technology > University of New England > Phone: +61 2
 >>> 6773 3210 > Fax: +61 2 6773 3424 > E-Mail:
 >>> tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx > Web:
 >>> http://www.une.edu.au/itd/systems/systems.html
 >>> Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

 Bart> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Bart> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Bart> "unsubscribe" or "help"

 TV> -- Best Regards, --raman

 TV> Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx WWW:
 TV> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/ AIM: TVRaman PGP:
 TV> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc

Tim Cross
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Applications Group - Information Technology
University of New England
 Phone: +61 2 6773 3210
   Fax: +61 2 6773 3424
E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Web: http://www.une.edu.au/itd/systems/systems.html
---
Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?"