Re: Problem using Dectalk driver.

Hi. I have made some great progress, but am still having a problem. Here is
where I am now.
1. I have added /usr/local/lib to my /etc/ld.so.conf, and run ldconfig.
2. Removed my extra copies of dectalk libs from /usr/lib.
3. I have recompiled  the dtk-soft driver. With no errors once I removed the
line breaks from the file.
4.Set the DTK_PROGRAM and EMACSPEAK_DIR variables in /etc/profile.
5. Tested dtk-soft with:
tcl /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft
all goes well so far.
6. When I run emacspeak the dectalk starts talking and then a huge crash
follows. emacs freezes, speech stops, and all is no longer right with the
world.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks everyone for your help, and I think I am almost there.