serious tcl problems -- emacspeak no longer working

Your using the wrong Tcl shell. Emacpseak requires extended tcl, not
standard tcl. You need to install the tclx8.3 and tclx8.3-dev
packages. The extended tcl shell is just called tcl. The normal/basic
tcl shell is tclsh and is no use because emacspeak takes advantage of
the extended features in extended tcl which are not in standard tcl.

Tim

 John> Hi.  I have been trying to use the emacspeak20.0 and I have run
 John> into very strange tcl problems i.e. it seems not to recognize
 John> some of its commands including signal fcntl and possibly
 John> others.  For example, when I do tclsh
 John> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft I get
 John> invalid command name signal at line 296 of dtk-soft.  I am
 John> using Debian packages if that is any help.

 John> Thanks.

 John> -- John Covici covici@xxxxxxxxxxx

 John> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 John> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 John> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 John> "unsubscribe" or "help"