Re: Google Maps `si', but is Google mail `onn'?

Kalyan Mukherjea writes:
 > Hi,
 > I was recently offered a gmail account and I accepted it more or less
 > because it would give me 1 Gb of storage space which I could use  to
 > access various files from any computer whatever. But I found it
 > impossible to register using emacspeak  running w3m mode. I wrote to
 > the maintainers of w3m who told me that I will need a java enabled
 > browser to use my gmail account. I have not been able to determine
 > from info files, if w3 is a java enabled browser. Anyway, is it
 > currentkly possible for an Emacspeaker to use Google Mail?

Probably not, although someone wrote a gmail file system to use gmail
accounts for the storage and retrieval of files. This may be useful to
you. I don't have any further details, but with Google's Web search
service you should be able to find it.

If you need a Java-enabled browser the best option at present appears
to be Sun's accessibility-enhanced version of Mozilla .7 running with
the Gnopernicus assistive technology. The elinks text-mode browser
also supports Ecmascript/Javascript to some degree but this is very
much under development.