Re: update on speech server issue

I suspect it is a simple case of env variable DTK_PROGRAM not
being set corrctly. Could you try the following:

In a clean login session,
Assumign youre' using bash:

export  DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-exp

emacspeak

and look at the *Messages* buffer

    >> Tim was not talking of the /var/log/messages file; he was
    >> talking of the Messages buffer in emacs.
    Christopher>
    Christopher> I realized that when I noticed the syntax, soon
    Christopher> after I sent the message; my apologies.
    Christopher>
    Christopher> I am a vi user, and the detailed workings of
    Christopher> emacs is rather overwhelming to me...I am
    Christopher> setting this up for another user.
    Christopher>
    Christopher> I will install emacspeak-21.0 tomorrow and
    Christopher> figure out how to read the message buffer, then
    Christopher> send that along.
    Christopher>
    Christopher> -Chris
    Christopher>
    Christopher> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    Christopher> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Christopher> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
    Christopher> of "unsubscribe" or "help"

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak